The Upper Clackamas Thin has been a collaborative project with the Clackamas Stewardship Partners. The CSP is a group of stakeholders, including the Forest Service and Bark, who act as a collaborative group to try and find common ground around logging, restoration and other stewardship opportunities. Although, the CSP did propose some thinning recommendations, the Forest Service has added new road construction, as well as reopening previously decommissioned roads for access into the logging units. Bark does not support new road building in Mt. Hood National Forest.
Resources for Comment-Writing
Reconstruction Miles: 2
- Upper Clackamas Thin Roads Map.pdf 438 KB
- 9-28-2007 Clackamas Stewardship Partners - Road field trip notes.pdf 237.13 KB
- 11-13-2007 Upper Clack Scoping Letter - Forest Service.pdf 36.03 KB
- 11-28-2007 Upper Clack Proposed Action - Draft 2.pdf 6.76 MB
- 2008 Upper Clackamas Preliminary Assessment.pdf 614.74 KB