Bark hosts in-person fieldwork trainings once or twice a year in the spring and summer. Find upcoming trainings on our events calendar. Before attending a field day, remember to attend the corresponding training or watch the corresponding training video(s).
Resources for Groundtruthing:
- Groundtruthing 101 Training
- Groundtruthing 201
- Groundtruthing data sheet
- Forest Structure Guide
- Why do we Groundtruth?
Resources for Wetland Mapping:
If you want to dig deeper, check out these resources about wetland mapping and delineation.
- WVC Select Resources
- Wetland Indicator Species (Plant list)
- Determining Mineral Soil Texture
- Determining Mineral vs Organic soil
- Field Indicators of Hydric Soils
- Cowardin Classification Manual
- Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual Regional Supplement
Resources for Beaver Habitat Surveys:
How to use our data collection and mapping software
A lot more info can be found on Bark’s Youtube channel here!
More questions? Email Meg Bark’s Field Crew Lead.