Your support helps protect Mt. Hood’s forests, rivers, wildlife, and wilderness areas. Nearly 80% of Bark’s funding comes from individuals making small, monthly donations. Consider one of the following ways to support Bark's work and join our growing community of grassroots supporters!
Our reliance on member donations keeps us accountable to the communities that love Mt. Hood National Forest and means that our time fundraising is also time spent generating actions and political power. Bark’s dedicated community of Forest Sustainers provide dependable funding through modest monthly gifts that add up to big support. Plan secure automatic payments from your credit card or bank account and you will receive a tax receipt in January with your previous year’s donations. You can cancel or change your monthly gift at any time.
Workplace Giving & Employer Matching
Does your employer have a workplace giving program? Many employers have payroll deduction programs and will match charitable gifts made by their employees—doubling or even tripling the impact of your contributions. Ask your employer if your workplace has a matching gift program!
- Bark is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Tax-ID/EIN#: 93-1263288
Facebook as a social networking platform has power to connect and bolster Bark’s community. We’re grateful to those who started birthday fundraisers on behalf of Bark—and to their friends, family, and community who donated. It’s a simple thing, yet deeply impactful.
Here’s how to host a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser for Bark in six easy steps:
- Go to your Facebook account (or create one here)
- Go to your ‘home’ page, and look on the left side column. You should see the ‘fundraiser’ option under “Create” at the bottom. Click on “fundraiser” and Facebook will walk you through.
- Pick your charity: Bark!
- Set your fundraising goal and timeframe. We’ve seen many successful fundraisers at $200 or even $500 or more! Set something that you feel good about and see where it goes! You can always raise the amount if you really want to challenge your friends.
- Invite people on your friends list and engage with them! This is key. Share often on your timeline. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends list, remember you’re giving them an opportunity to participate and support a mission that matters to you!
- Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Your community is donating to Bark because of YOU—because they love and appreciate you (and we do too!)
Gifts of Stock
Donating stocks, bonds, or other securities is a great way to support Bark’s work. Depending on your age and the type of asset, some gifts are tax-free or tax-deductible. The easiest way to make a donation of stock is by electronic transfer.
Here is the information that you or your broker will need to transfer stock to Bark:
- Account name and number: Bark – 421398413 DTC #0188
- Brokerage: T.D. AMERITRADE (503) 219-8520
- 121 SW Morrison #125, Portland Oregon 97204
IMPORTANT: You must notify Bark when you make a gift of stock so that we can send you a tax receipt. We’ll need your name, mailing address, the type of stock, and number of shares you are donating before or as soon as the stock is transferred.
For more information or to notify us that you would like to make a gift of stock, please contact us directly.
Want to make a lasting contribution to the forests, rivers, and wildlife of Mt. Hood? Consider including Bark into your will, living trust, or insurance policy.
Gifts Through Your Bequest or Will
Legacy gifts cost you nothing now, there is no minimum contribution, and you can be updated at any time. You can designate a specific amount, a percentage of your total estate, or a share of the residue after gifts to your heirs.
Sample Bequest Language I hereby give to the Trustees of Bark, an Oregon charitable organization, tax identification number 93-1263288, (hereafter referred to as Bark), the following:
- personal property (describe the item in detail), or
- a sum of $____, or
- percent % of the residue of my estate
Life Insurance, IRAs, 401Ks
Leave Bark as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement ‘vehicle.’ Tax savings for these ‘vehicles’ vary, so consult your financial advisor to learn what suits your situation.
Real Estate or Vehicles
If you’d like to donate a house, a piece of property, or a vehicle to Bark, we graciously accept it. Gifts are evaluated by their long-term maintenance or relevance to the Bark’s mission, and may be a determining factor.
Donating Needed Items for Campouts
- grocery store gift cards
- pop-up canopy tent with screen walls and floor
- garden cart
- Yeti coolers
- 5 gallon water containers
- large tarps (minimum size 16’x16′)
Bottle Drop @ Oregon Redemption Center
BottleDrop is a statewide network of services, locations, and programs centered around Oregon’s bottle deposit. BottleDrop allows individuals to return deposit containers for refund that can be sent to non-profits. Bark is a participating Nonprofit. Donors can use the website or application to transfers funds from their BottleDrop account to Bark. Donors can also pick up a BottleDrop blue bag from the Bark office.
If you have any questions about any of these options to support Bark’s work, please reach out.